(meteorobs) satellite question

Richard Alloway ralloway at gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 15:46:24 EST 2010

It is not uncommon for LEO satellites to take about 10-12 minutes to span
the sky.

The ISS, for instance, is a LEO at about 300-400 km above the earth and will
take about 11 minutes to travel horizon to horizon during a pass with a
zenith altitude of about 40 degrees.

-Rich

He's just this guy... ya know?!