(meteorobs) Any updates on this story USAF Fireball Reports

MEM mstreman53 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 8 19:53:10 EST 2010

Mike, I believe that a suitable existing civilian agency to get this data would be the Meteoroids office of NASA and we should politic for that.  Getting them to take up the mission will be more difficult than pulling teeth.

One of the issues in the past was prior to dissemination the data had to be sanitized--"de-precisioned"-- if that is a word, such that the true capabilities of the sensors could not be inferred by foreign powers.

IIRC Peter Brown used to work for Los Alamos Labs(?) (and now is supposed to be semi retired but running a fireball working group out of Western Ontario University) and was cleared to do the downgrading necessary prior to release.IMO.   Speaking from a little background in the field, I'll bet we could compute the exact trajectory corridor through a 100m bullseye all the way to the 200 miles down to 3 were it necessary.

Elton
Here is one from meteorobs posted by Geo Zay:
(meteorobs) USAF FIREBALL RELEASE