(meteorobs) Meteor shower lights up Muldoon (January 10, 2010)

Leo S l.stachowicz at btinternet.com
Thu Jan 14 21:18:57 EST 2010

Anyone have any idea what is going on here? It looks to me like they got
a jet contrail, although the photo is tiny, so hard to tell for sure.

Clear skies!
Leo

http://www.ktuu.com/Global/story.asp?S=11799312

by Channel 2 News staff
Sunday, January 10, 2010

ANCHORAGE, Alaska -- People watching the skies over Muldoon saw
something unusual Sunday morning.

Tower officials at Merrill Field say a bright object, caught on a
Federal Aviation Administration weather webcam, fell from the sky east
of Muldoon.

Elmendorf Air Force Base and NORAD confirm it was a meteor, streaking
through the sky and crashing into the Chugach Mountains. They say we're
in the midst of a meteor shower -- the third one this week.