(meteorobs) gamma Ursae Minorids

meteoreye at comcast.net meteoreye at comcast.net
Tue Jan 26 19:23:40 EST 2010

Hi folks, just getting back online again, lost my computer and hard drive, still recovering and rebuilding databases :(

Saw this report today from Peter Jenniskens on spaceweather.com.

http://spaceweather.com/archive.php?view=1&day=26&month=01&year=2010

"On the night of Jan. 20/21, an unexpected flurry of ten meteors emerged from the vicinity of Ursa Minor, the Little Dipper. "They were recorded by a network of six video cameras operated by amateur astronomers in Finland," report Peter Jenniskens of the SETI Institute in California and Esko Lyytinen of Helsinki, Finland. "We call them 'gamma Ursae Minorids.'"

See the link for more info.