(meteorobs) Fireball SE of Tulsa

Bill Godley wwgj180 at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 30 18:10:55 EDT 2010

At 11:03 PM CST last night, I was traveling N-S on Hwy 169 in Tulsa when I
caught a glimpse of what appeared to be a fragmenting fireball south and east of
Tulsa.  It appeared to be heading in a S-SW direction.  Estimated rough
magnitude of -8 or so.

I only caught a brief glimpse, maybe a little more than a second.  I did not
notice a persistent train afterward, although it was a hazy, muggy night with
bright moon low in the east.

I was cursing Delta earlier in the evening for getting me home much later than
scheduled, but the delay paid off in the end.

Will post a fireball report at AMS.

Bill,
Coweta, OK