(meteorobs) IMC2010 - accommodation is getting full

Geert Barentsen geert at barentsen.be
Fri Jun 4 16:29:57 EDT 2010

Dear meteor friends,

Preparations for the International Meteor Conference in Armagh (16-19
September) are going well; we are looking forward to an exciting edition
with a large number of new participants. So far we received nearly 50
registrations, which means that more than half the beds in the conference
accommodation (youth hostel) are now gone. It looks like we will be sold out
before the end of June, so if you want to profit from the cheap
accommodation, **PLEASE REGISTER VERY SOON OR YOU WILL NOT HAVE A PLACE**!!

For those of you making travel plans, you may be interested to know that:

a) We intend to start the IMC on Thursday 16 September with a welcome
partyin front of Armagh Observatory (17h00-20h00), with finger food
and guided
tours. It is worth arriving in time for this party, because the lectures and
dinners will take place in Armagh Theatre. (The Observatory is simply not
big enough for the IMC lectures :-))

b) We will end with a lecture session on Sunday morning (10h00-12h00). Try
to avoid leaving Armagh before noon that day!

All info: http://www.imo.net/imc2010

>From the organizing comittee,
Tolis Christou, David Asher, Miruna Popescu, Mark Bailey, Tom Barclay, Colin
Folsom, Geert Barentsen
Armagh Observatory, http://www.arm.ac.uk