(meteorobs) Good Radio Meteor rates today

Richard Taibi rjtaibi at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 20 19:00:45 EDT 2010

Michael,
This is interesting data but I doubt that the June Bootid radiant could be responsible for the rates you recorded.  That radiant was not above the horizon at the times you report.  The radiant in central Pisces that Bob Lunsford alerted us to (in his last posting about meteor shower activity) was very low in the West and is an unlikely source of meteors.  What rate are you recoding about 0 Hr UT on 6/21?  As I write this the June Bootid radiant is quite high over Halifax.  Wouldn't the rate at 0 Hr. be a better indicator of Bootid rates?  Could some unknown 'daytime radiant,' near the Sun, be responsible?  That region of the sky was highest during your recording run earlier today.
Rich