(meteorobs) Nice radio meteor rates today

Michael Boschat aa063 at chebucto.ns.ca
Fri Jun 25 13:36:51 EDT 2010

Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Lat:  N 44d 39'
Long: W 63d 36'
Hgt:  58 meters above sea level
Listening Frequency: 67.24 MHz
Receiver: Icom R-10
Antenna : dipole
Antenna Direction: 232d Az horizontally, Alt. 0 deg
Filter: high-Q (Q at least 300) bandpass filter between
         antenna & receiver.
Listening Mode: CW
Recording method: listening by ear

June 25 - Early Bootids and Beta Taurids

UT | #/hr
---+----
09 |  34
10 |  52
11 |  56
12 |  57
13 |  62
14 |  71

Notes:
. Corrections for radiant position not made to the counts.

              ***** IMPORTANT NOTE *****

  Because of the USA switching their TV signals to digital from analog
I have now dropped my frequency to Channel 4 at 67.25 MHz and now am getting
very slightly more results but not as good as when the US stations were on.
I must be hearing only Canadian TV stations that are still using
analogue signals
till about 2011.

Clear skies