(meteorobs) [meteorite-list] Large Fireball observed on 6MAY2010 in Argentina

Eduardo info at mineralesyfosiles.com.ar
Thu May 6 16:09:37 EDT 2010

Hi
Actually the law refers to NEW finds and falls, so any meteorite find or
found before December 2007 can be exported (with a few exceptions like
Campo del Cielo as there is a provincial law that protect Chaco meteorites).
About the new one, I was in contact with people from San Juan.
It was seen aproaching earth with a Southeast direction near the "Sierra
de Pie de Palo", but no sound was hear nearby. In case of a confirmed fall
in this case, it will be a new fall and so no export will be alowed right
now (although I'm still working to try to change this).
best regards
Eduardo