(meteorobs) Daytime telescopic video meteor work possibility?

Thomas Ashcraft ashcraft at heliotown.com
Sat May 29 11:19:28 EDT 2010

The other day I was tracking Jupiter in the daylight sky with a 100 mm
refractor, Celestron CG5-gt mount and a DMK 41 video camera.   I had
Jupiter in sight on my pc screen with good contrast until I stopped at
10 am on a bright sunny morning.

This makes me ponder the possibility of using this telescope system for
the daytime Arietids.  I am thinking of training the telescope on the
Arietid radiant and seeing if it might capture some daytime streaks with
the DMK 41 at a high contrast or gamma setting.

I am wondering if anyone does or has done daytime telescopic meteor
observing?

Are there any papers or articles of this daytime possibility or web
links on this subject?

Thank you in advance for any information on this subject.

Clear skies,
Thomas

Thomas Ashcraft  |  New Mexico