(meteorobs) Daytime telescopic video meteor work possibility?

Chris Peterson clp at alumni.caltech.edu
Sat May 29 12:18:44 EDT 2010

You can certainly record meteors in the daytime sky. Typical daytime
telescopic stellar magnitude limits are on the order of around mag +1, so
meteors are possible. Of course, capturing meteors telescopically is always
a long shot. As you decrease your focal length, your chance of capture
increases, but your limiting magnitude gets brighter. For a good wide field
with a reasonable chance of captures, you'll probably be seeing only meteors
in the mag -3 or -4 and brighter range. You need to figure out what sort of
tradeoff makes the most sense in this case.

Chris

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory
http://www.cloudbait.com