(meteorobs) Taurids and Orionid from Southern Maryland

Richard Taibi rjtaibi at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 1 11:39:47 EDT 2010

Meteor activity was low during the two hours and forty minutes I spent observing last night/this morning.  I only saw 7 meteors and the first 52 minutes of observation were meteor-less.  For consolation I needed to remind myself  'even no meteors is data' !

DATE/TIME:  1 NOV 3:20 to 6:00 UT,  (31 OCT/ 1 NOV 2010 Eastern Daylight Time;  11:20 p.m to 2:00 a.m.)

LOCATION: Bel Alton, MD, USA: 76 d, 59m W longitude; 38 d, 28 m N latitude, elevation ~10 meters.

Teff= 2.45 hours; mean Lm= 5.23; F=1.00

mid session field center was RA 40d, Dec +11d

STA: three: 0, +3 and +4

ORI: one: +2

SPO: three: 0, +2 and +4