(meteorobs) Rip-roaring fireball - Nov 2, 2010 - New Mexico

Michael Boschat boschat at mathstat.dal.ca
Tue Nov 2 15:29:25 EDT 2010

Hi all:

> meteor with its strong dopplering head echo in stereo at 61.250 MHz and
> 83.250 MHz.

 I'm a bit confused as to the frequencies used. I'm in Canada, and **use**
to use 83.25 MHz for radio listening but when the US went digital my rates
dropped like a rock. So I went to 63.24 MHz and am back to getting meteor
a bit better but if the US went digital how can you still use these
frequencies if they are no more analogue TV stations?  I think we go
digital in 2011.

Clear skies