(meteorobs) Mystery Meteors

Kenneth Drake kdrako at cebridge.net
Tue Nov 9 07:14:26 EST 2010

In the space of about an hour last night (3-4UT Nov 9), from our back
yard north of Houston, my wife and I noticed four magnitude 2ish slow
meteors that appeared to track back to an area near Nu Andromedae. At
Meteor Showers Online I read that the current radiant of the Andromidids
is RA=26 deg, DEC=+37 deg which is inside a 10 degree radius of my
estimate. I do not even see them listed at the AMS Showers page. Could
the 4 we saw be fragments from the late comet Biela?

Kenneth Drake
Willis, Texas