(meteorobs) Reminder: November Orionids peak tonight

lunro.imo.usa at cox.net lunro.imo.usa at cox.net
Mon Nov 29 12:18:29 EST 2010

Nothing earth shattering here but I noticed in my quick look at the video totals for last night that the November Orionids were the most active shower last night, edging out the Northern Taurids 8 to 7. If you are free tonight and your skies are clear you may wish to look for these meteors. Both the NOO and the NTA radiants easily fit into your field of view.  The November Orionids radiate from the club of Orion while the Northern Taurid radiant lies in central Taurus, north of Aldebaran. Usually I do not suggest staring at the radiant area but looking in between these two radiants would be beneficial in separating these meteors. The NOO's would normally be slight faster the the NTA's.

Clear Skies!

Bob