(meteorobs) Natural meteor or something else?

GeoZay at aol.com GeoZay at aol.com
Tue Oct 12 13:43:56 EDT 2010

>>Thomas, I don't think this is an "Earth Grazer" by  definition. If it
were and EG, it wouldn't have fragmented... Would  it?<<

Why wouldn't it? If there is enuf compression for it to become
incandescent, then there should be enuf resistance for it to possibly  fragment.
Otherwise they wouldn't be seen at all.

>>There was fragmentation. This tells me there are most  probably
meteorites on the ground.<<

There could be, but not all fragmenting meteors will drop meteorites. Some
showers produce lots of fragmenting meteors...such as the alpha
Capricornids,  but to date no recovered meteorites from them...just oos and ahhhs.
GeoZay