(meteorobs) Natural meteor or something else?

Meteorites USA eric at meteoritesusa.com
Tue Oct 12 14:28:03 EDT 2010

Hi George, "...There could be, but not all fragmenting meteors will drop
meteorites...."

And we know this how? ;) Because we "subjectively" interpret videos and
do calculations based on composition, pressure, and temperature, that
"might" be wrong. How many of these events have people actually hunted?

No one knows the answer to this 100%... It's a guess that all that
material gets burned up high in the atmosphere. There is ZERO documented
recovery or expeditionary evidence. No one has hunted a large percentage
of these fragmentation events/sightings. There's merely educated
scientific "guesses" as to whether there is material on the ground. How
many of these events have actually been hunted? Likely less than 1%.

Lack of evidence is not evidence. Though I'm sure someone will quote
Occam's razor... I'd like to point out that all the complicated
calculations in the world, are just that calculations. The simplest way
to prove this is to scientifically and systematically hunt and document
each of these events. Study 100 of these events. Figure a search area,
form expeditions, keep a running log, document the results, and then
form a theory. Otherwise it's simply an unproven scientific hypothesis
with no supporting hard evidence. I've read ablation papers, countless
papers regarding this phenomena, and nothing I've read (thus far)
supports this hypothesis with any experimental or documented evidence.

Eric