(meteorobs) Orionids 2010

Robert Lunsford lunro.imo.usa at cox.net
Mon Oct 18 20:10:54 EDT 2010

The Orionids are listed on the main list toward the end but are not
discussed in detail due to the unfavorable lunar conditions. This has been
the policy of each annual IMO shower calendar since they began being
published back in the 90's. It's funny that no one has complained until now.
The main peak of the 2010 is predicted to occur at 1400 UT on October 22.
Unlike most of the major annual showers, this is not a sharp peak but rather
a plateau of strong activity centered at that time on that date.

Clear Skies,

Robert Lunsford