(meteorobs) About the Orionid 2010

Mikhail Maslov ast3 at ngs.ru
Fri Oct 29 14:41:07 EDT 2010

ES> Hi,
ES> the display of Orionids 2010 was for me really agreeable, as
ES> unexpected.
ES> Their number increased significantly in these last nights of
ES> October 20/21 and 21/22 and on the night 21/22 there were also
ES> some bright meteors, contrary to all previous nights.
ES> Enclosed are the preliminary data of my 3 videocameras in
ES> all-sky, located near Venice (Italy).

I can certainly confirm an increase in Orionid meteors brightness, but for 22/23
October night, 21/22 one was cloudy for me. Previous Orionid activity
was composed almost completely of not bright meteors, 90% > 2 mag.

The nights from 24/25 to 28/29 October were mostly clear but are still not
analysed.

Best regards, Mikhail Maslov