(meteorobs) Marcar este mensajeTransient Luminous Events on all-sky camera ( and meteors too

drsaguirre drsaguirre at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 5 15:51:02 EDT 2010

Hi Thomas. Hi folks.   the night 3 Sept. 2010 , capture one event with
my Sentinel Camera ( Sprite):   Here the video in YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ausbCVv9Tjw
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ausbCVv9Tjw>    here in Pseudo color:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8PDqkb3oVI&feature=channel
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8PDqkb3oVI&feature=channel>  regards
salvador Hermosillo, Son, Mexico.

--- El dom 22-ago-10, Thomas Ashcraft <ashcraft at heliotown.com>

De: Thomas Ashcraft <ashcraft at heliotown.com>
Asunto: (meteorobs) Transient Luminous Events on all-sky camera ( and
meteors too)
A: "Global Meteor Observing Forum" <meteorobs at meteorobs.org>
Fecha: domingo, 22 de agosto de 2010, 11:47

Along with meteors, transient luminous events in the form of lightning
sprites can also be observed on all-sky cams above far distant
thunderstorms if conditions are right and luck is on your side.
.

I have posted a page of visual and radio sprites captured on my all-sky
camera and forward scatter radio meteor array. I am finding that sprites
also have different types of radio signatures. It appears that sprite
plasma columns will reflect transmitters in a similar way that meteors
do, although their plasma and ionization properties are different to a
degree. This probably has some significance for radio meteor science.
.
If anyone knows of any references for sprite capture studies on meteor
scatter radio arrays I would appreciate any references available.  Thank
you in advance.

http://www.heliotown.com/Sprites_and_Radio_Emissions.html
<http://www.heliotown.com/Sprites_and_Radio_Emissions.html>
.
Lightning / sprite ping? Or meteor reflection?
http://www.heliotown.com/LpingAug192010_0348.34.300_Ashcraft.mp4
<http://www.heliotown.com/LpingAug192010_0348.34.300_Ashcraft.mp4>

Thomas  |  |  New Mexico

: