(meteorobs) Possible September Epsilon Perseid Fireball over NewMexico

Chris Peterson clp at alumni.caltech.edu
Fri Sep 10 14:19:03 EDT 2010

I can confirm this event as a September Perseid, with a radiant near the
"official" IMO value of 60° +47°. The terminal explosion occurred outside my
camera FOV, but was bright enough to light the sky in that area. Details and
video are at http://www.cloudbait.com/meteor/data.php?recnum=35698

Since September 5 my Cloudbait camera has recorded 103 meteors:

alpha Aurigid   AUR   10 (10%)
September Perseid 60/+47  SPE1   21 (20%)
September Perseid 48/+39  SPE2   23 (22%)
Sporadic   SPO   49 (48%)
Total meteors: 103

The SPE values are divided into the current IMO radiant location, and a
suggested radiant based on more recent video observations.

Chris

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory
http://www.cloudbait.com