(meteorobs) Radio Meteor -using Sky Pipe

Jean-L. RAULT f6agr at orange.fr
Sun Sep 26 02:54:16 EDT 2010

  Le 10/08/2010 18:51, Rainer Arlt a écrit :

> I don't have any scans, but attended a summer school in Bulgaria
> for a few days, recently. They have a JOVE antenna which is
> originally designed to see magnetic storms from Jupiter and
> works at about 20 MHz. Has anyone experiences with getting
> radio meteors at that frequency?
>
> Best wishes,
> Rainer

Hello Rainer

I'm so late in reading the meteorobs messages that I'm just discovering
your  question today ...
Yes, I have experiences with getting radiometeors at shortwave wavelengths.
I used some french shortwave broadcast transmissions at 21, 17 and 15
MHz and it works pretty well.
But these bands are very often crowded by long distance interferences,
due to the fact that the E and F layers of the ionosphere reflect
worldwide man-made transmissions.

Kind regards

Jean-Louis Rault
IMO radio commission