(meteorobs) Radio Meteor Obs. Bull. March 2011

James Beauchamp falcon99 at sbcglobal.net
Fri Apr 8 16:52:33 EDT 2011

Very interesting, Chris.

Although I don't have as rigorous of a setup as yours, mine has seen the exact same trend over the past month.

I'm using Space Radar Scatter - the Kickapoo site is about 90 nm to my SW.

On average I should get at least one hit every 2 minutes (note that's only in the radar beam, so statistically there are many more), with at least one sustaining bolide-like hit per day.

Currently, it's only one hit every ten to 20 minutes or so, and maybe one "loud" hit per week.

So I can confirm we're in a lull.