(meteorobs) Were can I get SCAN frequencies?

Michael Boschat boschat at mathstat.dal.ca
Sat Apr 16 08:00:49 EDT 2011

Hi:

 There are sites in the US using meteor scatter to send data, the program
is called SCAN - Soil Climate Analysis Network and one frequency was given
to me at 44.20 MHz but for the life of met I cannot hear the meteors on
it.
I made a 6m antenna dipole and that is not working. Here the Canadian TV
will be going digital sometime and I'll loose that. FM in Halifax is
very hard to try because of too many stations.

 My hope was this system but so far I cannot find other frequencies to
test... I montiored that frequency 6 days and went all night on one but heard
nothing. The other system SNOTEL is too far in the US mid-west to detect.

 Does anyone have comments ect that I could try to work on?

Clear skies