(meteorobs) Were can I get SCAN frequencies?

Michael Boschat boschat at mathstat.dal.ca
Sat Apr 16 15:18:53 EDT 2011

Hi all:

 Many thanks for the replies...wow...we're loosing much in the way for
meteor work :(

 I'm in Halifax,Nova Scotia,Canada  and we still have a few analouge TV
stations but I wanted to back up my self for when they go digital.

 I use an Icom R10 receiver and mostly a dipole antenna for 67.25 MHZ.

 I made a crude antenna for the 44Mhz part but so far nothing heard after
5 days - only a bad migirane!  We have an airport 16-19 miles from me and
they
havve a beacon at 121 Mhz but I never can hear it and read they are not good
for meteor work. I've tried FM but we have many stations here and there
were 2 I was trying for WGBH 89.2 in Boston and one in Maine at 89.7 MHz
but there are some stations here at 89.9 that wipe anything out.

 So I was told about SONTEL but it was too far away for me, and then SCAN
were one station was in Pennsylvania at 44.20 MHz so I made teh antten for
that but ziltch in hearing anything but static and hard static. So, I'm
trying to figure out what next. I was hoping for that US radar in Texas but
if it has a narrow beam and wil be upgraded...dunno.

 Also I live on the 5th floor of an aptartment facing SW so I'm limited
to my antenna size.

 Tahnks for the replies, I'll try some frequencies and see what happens....

Clear skies