(meteorobs) Were can I get SCAN frequencies?

Thomas Ashcraft ashcraft at heliotown.com
Sun Apr 17 10:29:13 EDT 2011

On 4/16/11 7:36 PM, Michael Boschat wrote:
> Hi:
>
>   I listened for 6 hours (3 hours each) on 41.61 MHz CW and
> 45.90 MHz CW and just heard static and nothing else.
>
>   I'll give it a try again early in the morning and also just
> before the Lyrid peak, though I rather use my 67.25 MHZ at peak time.
>
>   Will also try the radar frequencies also.
>
>   Will post if I hear anything on those lower frequencies.

Michael,

I monitored by listening and chart recorded for SCAN and SNOTEL
throughout the day yesterday and something has changed with that meteor
burst communications system.  I was able to receive occasional meteors
at 41.61 MHz but if it was operating normally I would have received many
many more.

In the meantime I have an email into the systems operator to get fresh
information. I will report back with what I find out.

I don't think you should spend any more time listening if it causes a
headache for you. Wait for better information.

Thomas in New Mexico.