(meteorobs) Light and sound event over North Eastern Pennsylvania 2011/04/16 17:30-18:00

MEM mstreman53 at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 16 21:56:17 EDT 2011

Light and sound event over North Eastern Pennsylvania 2011/04/16 17:30-18:00

 Over NE Pennsylvania between 17:30 and 18:00 EDT (Local) there was a flash  and

 bang of huge proportions  Vic. Long Pond, PA  This was atypical for just
lightening or thunder.

The light was  so intense I saw it through my closed eyelids indirectly
reflected

off the  walls inside walls.  4-5  seconds later "(flash-to-bang) was a huge
 rumbling, echoing, and persisting  report-- very unlike a normal  lightening
and

 thunder event.  Given we  were in the midst of an  intense rain storm which
 otherwise had no  thunder and lightening, I  held off on making a report .
 However in a  conversation with a  friend who was 25-30 miles away, he
mentioned

 a huge flash and very loud lingering boom also. I am therefore making a
non-directional report it should a  fireball  have fallen  during a rainstorm
and might other-wise go unnoticed.

 Elton