(meteorobs) Viewing the Lyrid Meteor Shower in 2011

James Beauchamp falcon99 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Apr 21 11:06:48 EDT 2011

Hi Robert,

I'm seeing a marked increase of events on the space radar scatter receiver similar to last year - slow increase to about one per minute after midnight, coming in "spurts".  The scatter patterns also indicate distinctive orientation - the radiant direction passes the "fence" obliquely, leaving a certain pattern of doppler.

We're looking at several overcast days here, so radio is about all that's we're going to get.

Can't wait for tomorrow.

James
OKC Radar Scatter and Sentinel Camera