(meteorobs) Radar Fence Orientation

James Beauchamp falcon99 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Apr 28 14:02:24 EDT 2011

Yeah, but most of the info floating around states the fence is oriented East-West.  If that was true, I would get reflections only when meteors cross an east-west line.

But I'm seeing the opposite.  I get strong scatters when the meteors cross a distinct North-South line.

One exception would be if the distance and station power is enough to get off-lobe radiation and I'm seeing scatter no matter where it hits - but that's unlikely.