(meteorobs) Astro versus Nautical Twilight

Bill Godley wwgj180 at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 4 11:45:16 EDT 2011

Does anyone know off-hand the relationship between the two with respect to LM?  In other words, all other conditions being equal, if you have a LM of, say, 6.0 at zenith at astronomical twilight, what would the LM be at nautical twilight?  At civil twilight?

As you might guess, I am planning for Perseid watching.  There will be a few hours of dark skies on 8/9, 9/10 and 10/11 and I am going to take a crack at seeing some meteors.

The weather has been brutal this last month in Oklahoma.  It has been over 100F (38C) for well over a month straight now and lately the highs have been over 110F.  It is likely to go down as the worst summer in recorded history in these parts (after a pretty cold and snowy winter).  Not only is it extremely uncomfortable (at night 85F or so) but hazy skies and wispy clouds have kept me inside.  Hoping for some improvement and some meteors next week.

Clear skies and cool temperatures,
Bill,
Coweta, OK