(meteorobs) Observation July 8/9 2011

Koen Miskotte k.miskotte at upcmail.nl
Mon Aug 8 11:51:37 EDT 2011

Hi all,
Just back from an amazing trip to Namibia. Four meteor observers (Peter van
Leuteren, Carl Johannink, Michel Vandeputte and I) conducted observations
from the Hakos Guestfarm in Namibia. During 11 clear nights we counted about
8000 meteeors.
The SDA radiant culminates around the zenit. We had very clear sky with
eastern and western zodiacal light, the gegenschein and the lightbridges
easely visible. Limithing magnitudes between 6,6 and 6,9. Also the
Capricornids were great with some nice fireballs and even a spectaculair
double -3 Capricornid.
Jaap van 't Leven and Klaas Jobse performed simultaneously video
observations of the SDA's. More results will follow.
Regards, Koen