(meteorobs) Sasquatch Meteor

Bill Godley wwgj180 at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 12 14:28:49 EDT 2011

I went out for an hour at local midnight as storms out west were threatening the early morning.  I only saw only two or three Perseids.  I was rather tired and of course the moon was full so my results aren't worth much other than anecdotal information.  I do agree with James and Paul that things seemed slow.

However, during a period when I was lucid (really), I saw a funny meteor that originated from CAP/ANT territory, though it may have been a SPO.  It was approximately mag 0, yellow, medium to slow, lasted maybe two seconds, and it was non-linear (and no - not a lightning bug).  I don't really want to say corkscrew or zig-zag but something of the sort comes to mind.  Kind of like a glowing ember spewed from the fire.  I did an archive search and notice this topic of non-linear meteors maybe akin to cryptid hominids.  I thought twice about posting but I thought "I saw something, so what the heck".

If it hadn't misbehaved it would have looked (to me) like a typical bright CAP.

We'll see what tonight brings, if the weather holds.

Bill,
Coweta