(meteorobs) Perseids

Ed Majden EPMAJDEN at shaw.ca
Sat Aug 13 13:28:36 EDT 2011

Rascals:
	The Perseids were more or less a washout from my observatory in
Courtenay in the Comox Valley.  Not only was a near full Moon present
but there was allot of haze and scattered clouds over my site.  As a
result I did not set up any cameras or spectrographs.  Over two
nights, the Sandia All-sky only captured 3 meteors through holes in
the clouds.  I've never seen a year like this with mostly cloudy
weather.  I hope this is not a sign of things to come.  Hope your
feeling better Mike!
Cheers:
Ed Majden
Courtenay, B.C. Canada