(meteorobs) Draconids past returns

Karl Antier karl.antier at laposte.net
Mon Aug 15 10:57:20 EDT 2011

Hi all meteor observers,

I was trying to make a summary of the past observed outbursts of the Draconid meteor shower, but depending on the sources and the observing methods, results seem to vary a lot...
Actually, I managed to define 7 returns of the shower from 1900 until today. can someone confirm or precise my set of data ? I used, for that, different sources:
- Meteorshowersonline of Gary Kronk, (http://meteorshowersonline.com/october_radiants.html),
- IMO notes and circulars,
- Grandi Fenomeni Celesti, (Gabriele Vanin)
- other references found on different places on the web.

Here are the results :

1933 --> 5 000 – 10 000
1946 --> ~ 10 000
1952 --> ~ 200 (radio)