(meteorobs) Draconids past returns

Bias, Peter V pbias at flsouthern.edu
Mon Aug 15 13:58:14 EDT 2011

Karl,

In Peter Jennisken's book "Meteor Showers and their Parent Comets", pages 676 - 679, he lists the ZHRs as:
1933 - 10,000
1946 - 12,000
1952 - ~ 250
1985 - 150 +/- 50
1992 - no listing
1998 - 300 +/- 40 for one stream ("older trails?"), and 500 +/- 100 for a second encounter (1926 trail) these two trails meet earth about an hour apart
2005 - no listing
His data are culled from other sources as well as his own modeling.

In addition, he lists several trail encounters in 2011 and one in 2012 (most closer than 0.06 AU), but doesn't list any projected ZHRs.
Hope this helps.

     Pete Bias