(meteorobs) Draconids visibility map

Paul Jones jonesp0854 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 08:12:52 EDT 2011

I'm with you on that, Wayne.  Seems like North America tends to get the
"short" end of the stick a lot here lately it seems ...;o).   Our European
friends must be living right...;o).

Maybe we can get lucky on the alpha Aurigids this year though as I see the
IMO is calling for a 13 UT maximum on September 1, if I am not mistaken.
That should favor us over here (especially in the western U. S.) if my
celestial mechanics are up to snuff.

I figure I can get to within three hours of that here on the east coast,
should the stream decide to do anything unusual.  The trick will be to keep
the hurricanes and tropical storms away from us, as I understand the season
is about to really ramp up and become very busy!  Yikes... :o(.

Clear skies all, Paul