(meteorobs) Ageing Eyes and Observed Meteor Rates ?

tony markham tonymarkham832 at btinternet.com
Sat Aug 27 02:47:01 EDT 2011

Does anyone know whether there have been any investigations into how observed meteor rates change as we get older ?

For example :
Reduced pupil dilation should mean a loss of about 0.5 mags in limiting mag between the ages of 20 and 50. Becoming short sighted should also mean stars are less in focus and also affect the observed LM.

... and how do these (and any other effects of ageing) affect our ability to see moving objects like meteors ?

Tony