(meteorobs) Current shower?

James Beauchamp falcon99 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Aug 29 07:59:29 EDT 2011

Thanks, Sam.
Initially, all stations within reach of me were gone, and the Kickapoo site was really close.  It picks up main-beam objects very well, and even off-axis ones due to (presumably) sub-lobe energy.
I get some, but not others, which I've got the Sentinel All-sky to catch.
217.983 USB here with a home-brew Yagi, aimed up about 60 degrees.  Low loss cable and a duel-cavity tuned bandpass filter to keep the other noise down.
Radio is a standard ICOM PCR-1000, USB, 15 Khz BW into a Creative EMU-0202 soundcard.