(meteorobs) Ursids 2011

Chris Steyaert csteyaert at gmail.com
Fri Dec 23 16:43:13 EST 2011

A day later, we can be more sure that the Ursids 2011 were rather weak.

'Reference radio observer' Felix Verbelen has a slight enhancement
around Dec 22, 19h UT.

         http://www.rmob.org/livedata/live_datas/Verbelen_122011.jpg

His results of previous years from http://rmob.org/visualrmob.php
(enter year and month) indicate a maximum in

  2008 Dec 22   1h UT
  2009 Dec 22   6h UT  a fairly strong one
  2010 Dec 22  10h UT
(2011 Dec 22  19h UT)

These timings correspond to a solar longitude of 270.3 - 270.4 deg

         Regards,

         Chris