(meteorobs) NASA Meteor Observing App

Chris Peterson clp at alumni.caltech.edu
Fri Dec 30 13:20:41 EST 2011

I don't think you can compare the two. Very few people have audio tape
recorders, whereas millions of people are walking around with smart
phones. And while data from an audio tape has to be painfully converted
into something useful, data from a digital counter is instantly
consolidated with that of many other observers, and requires no manual
processing to extract time, magnitude, and possibly other information.

I just noticed that the video about this app on the NASA site shows a
contrail as a fireball. Oops!

Chris

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory