(meteorobs) Wonderful turquoise fireball ! - New Mexico

Thomas Ashcraft ashcraft at heliotown.com
Sat Dec 31 22:25:25 EST 2011

Dec 31, 2011 - 8:15 pm   ( Jan 01, 2012  0315 UT)

Wow.  There was a beautiful turquoise large magnitude fireball  ( maybe
-11 or so -  hard to say since I saw it through a window )  that just
occurred heading from southeast to northwest over north central New Mexico.

What a blessing to see it live and I also caught it on camera.  There
should be many reports on this fireball since it is New Years Eve and
people are out and about.

Movie will be posted soon.

Happy New Year.

Thomas Ashcraft near Lamy, New Mexico