(meteorobs) PART OF ASTEROID 2011 CA HITS??

Marco Langbroek marco.langbroek at wanadoo.nl
Sun Feb 13 11:13:15 EST 2011

Op 13-2-2011 16:15, notagoodangel721 schreef:
> This is going around the web today.  Any truth to it?
> http://strictlyhonest.com/forum/general-discussions/nasa-just-discovered-another-asteroid-2011-ca7/

Mots likely non whatsoever.

What I see on that website is a message without a clear reliable source, URL's
that reference what is a gasline explosion (not an impact) and a video with
someone (a "Dr Bill Deagle", who is a known conspiracy crackpot) referencing
(with a mistaken tone of authority) an "impact" in Mexico last year that was at
that time quickly shown to haven't occurred at all.
Also, one of the other vids on that URL shows an aircraft with sun-illuminated
contrail, nothing asteroid/meteorite related.

I also see the susual "it has been covered up" nonsense that in itself is a dead
give-away that you shouldn't take it seriously.

Rule of thumb:

1) When it's on the internet, and spectacular but without mentioning a clear
source of *proven reliability*, it's usually sensationalistic rubbish;

2) when claims of "cover-ups" are involved in it, it is rubbish.

- Marco

-----
Dr Marco (asteroid 183294) Langbroek
Dutch Meteor Society (DMS)