(meteorobs) Help with Watec 902H2 - Ultimate

Mike Hankey mike.hankey at gmail.com
Thu Feb 24 18:35:27 EST 2011

Hi,

I've been struggling to make my own sky cam and get it operational for
a while now. Without getting into two many details regarding some of
the problems I've encountered, I'm getting horrible results from the
camera I'm using which has been recommended by nearly everyone.

The camera I'm using is the Watec 902H2 - Ultimate with a Rainbow
L163VDC4P fisheye lens.

I have mirrored my settings from this post:

The problem is I'm getting horrible results, the image is almost
entirely black. There are 0 stars visible. Last night was a perfectly
clear night, and there was no moon before midnight. I could not see a
single star in the video image, not even sirius. What am I doing
wrong?

For what its worth, my light pollution zone is orange, so its the 3rd
down the scale (white, red, orange, yellow, green, blue, black) -- is
it not possible to run a sky cam in a light polluted area / is light
pollution my problem?

Any help/suggestions or recommendations is greatly appreciated. I've
missed 10 fireballs in the last couple of months, just because I can't
get this camera on line. Its killin me.

Thanks,

Mike