(meteorobs) 2011 Quadrantids

Paul Goelz pgoelz at comcast.net
Mon Jan 3 07:27:10 EST 2011

At 11:03 AM 1/2/2011, you wrote:
>Pay particular attention to this shower in 2011 if at all possible.
>The Quadrantids have a very short period of maximum activity, so can
>be very difficult to observe under conditions of moonless, clear
>skies. This year the peak coincides with the time of New Moon, so if
>you find yourself with clear skies, it is a nearly perfect time for
>the Quads! In most of North America, the radiant is circumpolar, but
>is best observed after midnight local time when the radiant is
>higher in the sky.

New participant here......

If anyone is interested in radio observation, I have turned my feed
on and will leave it on for the next day or two.

http://www.pgoelz.com/radiometeor_livefeed.html

This is an audio feed from a receiver in the north suburbs of Detroit
Michigan (USA) tuned to 55.249 MHz plus a spectrogram of the received
audio.  I have left the spetrogram scroll rate relatively slow (5
seconds per division) to give a better picture of the average rate.

Paul

Paul Goelz
Rochester Hills, Michigan USA
pgoelz at comcast.net