(meteorobs) 2011 Quadrantids

Paul Goelz pgoelz at comcast.net
Mon Jan 3 14:58:25 EST 2011

At 01:07 PM 1/3/2011, you wrote:
>I was planning to be out tonight, but the weather is looking poor here
>in Eastern Ontario.  Clear skies have been a rarity.  I'll keep my
>eyes peeled on the satellite image for sucker holes, and if any pop
>up, I'll take a chance and scoot out.
>
>Happy New Year!
>
>- Pierre

"Watch" it on my spectrogram display if you are clouded out.  I've
configured it as a split screen, with a very slow graph on top to
reveal trends and a relatively fast one on the bottom that can
resolve the blip of a single meteor.  At the moment the long term
graph seems to be showing an upward trend in the Doppler shift.....
not sure what that means.... the incoming direction is changing as
the radiant changes?  I'm still pretty new to this.

http://www.pgoelz.com/radiometeor_livefeed.html

Paul

Paul Goelz
Rochester Hills, Michigan USA