(meteorobs) Obs: 15 Dec 2010

David Oesper oesper at mac.com
Mon Jan 3 21:13:13 EST 2011

15 Dec 2010 0830-0937 UT (15 Dec 2:30 - 3:37 a.m. CST)

David Oesper
SE of Alpine, TX
30 16 44.2 N, 103 35 33.6 W, ~5200 ft.
Method: Visual, digital voice recorder, talking clock

0826 sky brightness: zenith SQM 21.48 ~6.3

0829 G

0830 begin session; sky clear; facing WNW between Mirfak and the Pleiades, closer to the Pleiades; no wind
0833 G
0900 time announced - did I fall asleep again, or was there no activity?
0909 3G
0911 G
0919 S
0926 S
0927 G
0936 2S, both out of Auriga?
0937 end session; sky clear
6 Geminids, 3 sporadics

0938 sky brightness: zenith SQM 21.61 ~6.4

NOTE: Perhaps I should have not submitted this report.  Was very fatigued due to previous two nights of observing.  The only conclusion that should be drawn from these meager observations is that the Geminid activity the night after maximum (in West Texas, anyway) was much reduced from what was seen the night before maximum, at least between 0830 and 0937 UT.