(meteorobs) Fw: [Latest Worldwide Meteor/Meteorite News] NEO JAN2011 cont 11JAN2011

Wayne Hally meteoreye at comcast.net
Tue Jan 11 06:33:24 EST 2011

So what? Asteroid Close Approaches at > 3 times Lunar Distance aren't rare
at all. I check the list at the bottom every day, and only bother to keep
track of ones that have CA < 2x LD, or those that have a measurably small
impact risk, such as 2010 XC25 which has a 1 in 175,000 risk of impact in
2050, but passes by earth at 61.7 x LD today.

Somehow the designation of the first asteroid listed seems apropos. (2009 BS
5)

This is close to being SPAM.

Wayne