(meteorobs) video of Mississippi fireball

Ed Cannon edcannonsat at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 13 16:47:34 EST 2011

I think it's shaking because it's phone cam
photography of a security monitor, so the
hand of the person holding the phone is
what's shaking.  This is also why it's so
low-res -- photography of a monitor.

There was a very interesting series of images
from different security cameras at one house,
in Mississippi I think.  One very clearly
shows the shadow of the house's roof and wall
moving as the very bright light-source moved.

There was one report yesterday from someone
who says he saw two different fireballs a
few minutes apart, going in the same
direction.  It's on this page:

http://lunarmeteoritehunters.blogspot.com/search/label/Jackson%20Mississippi%20MAJOR%20Bolide%20Meteor%20Fireball%2011JAN2011

Another report via one of the TV stations
was from Bill Cooke, who said there was an
infrasound detection from Canada at the right
time.

FWIW, there are three *known* very near-earth
small asteroid approaches this week (borrowed
from spaceweather.com; "LD" is "lunar distance"):

2009 BS5 - Jan 11 - 3.4 LD
2011 AH5 - Jan 13 - 3.3 LD
2011 AY22 - Jan 14 - 4.1 LD

The largest of those three is estimated at 28
meters in size.  So maybe it's some fellow
travelers of those?

Ed Cannon - Austin, Texas, USA