(meteorobs) Possible new meteor shower? comet C/2010 X1 Elenin

Roberto G. md6648 at mclink.it
Mon Jan 17 15:08:40 EST 2011

>From: "LEO STACHOWICZ" <l.stachowicz at btinternet.com>
>
> Hi all,
>
> Has anyone modeled the encounter with the dust trail of this comet yet?
>
> Orbital elements here:
> http://ssd.jpl.nasa.gov/sbdb.cgi?sstr=C/2010%20X1
>
> Clear skies,
> Leo

I usually search for new possible meteor showers from newly
discovered comets, I saw too this one but I think that until the
comet has a eccentricity of more of 1 there isn't a meteor shower
(in this special case it can to be two meteor showers, one in the night
and one in the day) the better new it's that IHMO the comet can
to be periodic with a period in resonance with one of the esternal
planets (it's only a possibility), if it's true then it's possible that
there
is a meteor shower linked with P/2010 X1 (I wrote P/, but now it's C/)
in this case we shall see the meteors in the next years.
But at today it's only a hope.
Best greetings.
Roberto Gorelli