(meteorobs) On the connection between nearby NEAs and the recent increase in fireballs...

Thomas Ashcraft ashcraft at heliotown.com
Tue Jan 18 15:11:03 EST 2011

On 1/18/11 12:48 PM, Robert Lunsford wrote:
> In the new AMS fireball table, we have decided not to list colors due to column constraints plus it is one of the least important
> aspects of a fireball's characteristics.
Hi Bob and all,

I'm not sure if I would agree with the above statement.  Green fireballs
may exhibit certain electromagnetic qualities that may have significance
in radio observations and in turn ionospheric and high altitude
molecular studies.

Also, meteor and space dust studies have possible ecological
implications for global warming science, lightning science, transient
luminous event/sprite science and all related territories.

I think that color is quite important.

Just my 2 cents. :-)

Thomas Ashcraft  |  Heliotown  |  New Mexico